Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Craft Fair First



     Wow, my first craft fair was more fun than I could have expected.  While I only sold about 10 items, the learning experience was priceless.  Bartlett Hills Baptist is full of unbelievably kind and "on the ball!" volunteers including my doctor Mark Reed and his lovely wife Linda who started and ran the event.  A big thank you to my friend Kim Bomprezzi who introduced me to the church and craft fairs.  She was gracious enough to walk me through the how to's and kept checking on my progress.  Thanks also to my good friend Stacy Biggs for designing and printing my business cards and price tags.  She's the kind of person that inspires you to be better, try harder and see the good in others... a true friend!
  
   I couldn't have done this with out my family!  My mother was there every step of the way by encouraging me to sew.  Then she helped me set up and kept me company all day Friday.  Best of all she met me Saturday to help and after Cammie and Josh got bored, she took them to the park, McDonald's and Baskin Robbins.  Yep, she's the best mom, role model and grandmother all rolled up in one. 
  
   My kids were impressed with mommy and enjoyed demonstrating the Crayon Rolls for all to see.  That means, of course, that they each took one for themselves.  Just one of the perks of being my assistants for a short while.  They drew pictures of the owls to display and carried some of the owls around to show them off while checking out all the other goodies the craft fair had to offer. 
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment