Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pillow Case with Pizzaz





Blogger Templates
The Sleep Over Pillowcase
    I have drooled over the tutorial for this sleepover pillowcase for long enough.  Lindsay at http://www.thecottagehome.blogspot.com/ has outlined an easy, adorable tutorial for this pillowcase. 
    Since my niece was going to sleep away camp I had the perfect reason to make one.  I gathered some Amy Butler fabric that screamed "Baily", a coordinating green and some irresistable ribbon and got to work.  The pillowcase came together in about an hour.   I ironed some wonder under to a 12x12" piece of  the Disco fabric and cut out her name with my Cricut.  After ironing the letters in place I stitched around them with a zigzag but had to redo then redo again since my curves just didn't look right.  Just to let you know, I used Wonder Tape to hold the ribbon in place rather than pins and it was a dream to work with.  It saved me time placing and removing pins and dissolved effortlessly in the wash.  Thanks for the tip Lindsay!!!http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2010/05/sleepover-pillowcase-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment